Welcome to SCAN: The Data Capture Report Web Site
This site contains a multitude of valuable information about the identification and data capture industry. Throughout the site you have access to information on all technologies covered under the umbrella of identification and data capture. These technologies include, but are not limited to: bar code, radio frequency identification, biometrics, voice recognition, and smart cards.
You also have access to the most knowledgable companies in the industry. All companies listed in the Industry Directory are subscribers to the SCAN/DCR newsletter, which means they are making the commitment to keep up-to-dateon all aspects of theindustry.
SCAN/DCR has recently launched a new RFP system on the web site that allows users the ability to post their needs for implementing a system, and allows subscribers of SCAN/DCR to receive emails in their category of interest when an RFP has been posted.
- Users - need helpImplementing a System?. Click here to submit an RFP
- Suppliers - looking for Sales Leads? If you subscribe to the SCAN/DCR newsletter,click here to go to the Subscribers Only section to sign up for email notification when new RFP's are posted.
- Employment: Go to AIDCJobs.com
- Looking for Business Partners or Suppliers of AIDC products and services? Click here to review a list of top companies in the Industry.
- Looking forwhatsome of the major users are doing as respects implementation of the technologies? Click here.
- What's the latest market growth statistics for the industry? Click here to find out.
- Subscribe to the premier newsletter in the industry. Stay informed twice a month of the latest occurrencesin the industryand get your company listed in the much visited Industry Directory on this site.
News & Notes
GS1 recently released a document titled "The Business Case for GS1 DataBar. The document is an overview of the efforts of the task force that created it and contains the task force business case review, highlights implementation issues, and details a road map. Click here to read the document.
RFID World Demands Jury Trial for Patent Infringement Against Wal-Mart and other major companies. Click here to see request.
RFID leaders ADT/Tyco Fire & Security, Alien Technology, Impinj, Symbol Technologies and Xterpriseexamine the myths associated with UHF for item-level RFID applications,and the physics and real-world tests and implementations that disprove them. Click here to read their white paper.